Monday, August 9, 2010

My Recommended Reads

I recently read a novel, (which I will not name here), that had, at some point, been on the New York Times Best Sellers list. I had decently high expectations since this is a pretty big feat for any writer. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed. Though the concept of the story was very nice, (though not entirely original in my view), the writing was terrible. It attempted to be too many things and evoke too many differing reactions. So, in an effort to help those of you who read to experience writing that is art, rather than just a good story, here are a few books I recommend that fulfill both requirements. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

(These are the ones I can think of right now. I'll post more as I think of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment